The 2017 S.U.P. National Convention in Centerville, Utah, September 14-16, 2017
"Building Pioneer Strength for Tomorrow"
Headquarters Location: Centerville Utah Canyon View Stake Center, 2110 N Main St, Centerville, Utah
Come and join us at the annual Sons of Utah Pioneers Convention. This year's convention is sponsored by the Centerville Chapter, and is the first S.U.P. Convention or Encampment to take place in Davis County in 71 years. The event was held at Lagoon in 1946.
Thursday and Friday evenings will feature dinner plus interesting programs and entertainment both nights. Four great treks are offered on Friday. The Saturday banquet will feature an outstanding keynote speaker, Glenn Rawson, the voice of the "History of the Saints" and other popular video programs.
This is your opportunity to meet and socialize with other S.U.P. members and leaders, share ideas and learn about the year's accomplishments in preserving our Utah pioneer heritage.
Two Registration options:
- Registration is quick and easy at the S.U.P. Store on this website, or
- Print the mail-in Registration Form. Print it from your computer, fill out the form and mail it with your check to: Centerville SUP, P.O. Box 1252, Centerville, Utah 84014.
Thursday, September 14
1:30-5:30 p.m. Registration at Convention Headquarters
6:00 p.m. Opening ceremonies, dinner and entertainment: After dinner we will be entertained by foot-stomping mountain music presented by Utah's own "Fire on the Mountain." Their blend of folk and bluegrass features familiar American tunes, close harmonies and fast instrumentals. Formed in 1984 at BYU, they have been performing ever since throughout the state.
Friday, September 15
8:00-12:00 p.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. Tours depart from Convention Headquarters. Tour #1 to Echo Canyon historical sites still has a limited number of seats available (as of June 5), so sign up soon!
1:30 p.m. Afternoon tours depart
6:30 p.m. Dinner and entertainment: Friday evening will feature professional entertainment onstage at Centerville's own Centerpoint Legacy Theater. The original program will include Broadway and popular music performed by some of the finest entertainers from the Wasatch Front. You won't want to miss this!
Saturday, September 16
8:00-9:00 a.m. National Board Breakfast
9:30-11:00 a.m. National Business Meeting
9:30- 11:00 a.m. Women's Meeting: We are pleased to have Jenny Reeder and Janiece Johnson speak to the women's meeting. They are the authors of The Witness of Women: Firsthand Experiences and Testimonies from the Restoration, published by Deseret Book. Each of these authors holds a PhD in history.
11:15 a.m.-11:45 a.m. Centerville Chapter Presentation
12:00 p.m. Banquet and Keynote Speaker: Glenn Rawson, well-known host of two television historical series. In 1997, Glenn began telling stories for radio and television. In 2008, he began working with Dennis Lyman and others on the Joseph Smith Papers and the History of the Saints television shows. Since then, they have produced 250 half-hour documentaries on Latter-day Saint Church history, along with numerous books, DVD’s, and CD’s. They are a busy and prolific team.
2:00 p.m. Close of Convention
Hotels in South Davis County
A list of area hotels is shown below and is included on the Registration Form. You are responsible to make your own reservations, so you should do so as soon as possible.
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 2437 South Wildcat Way, Woods Cross, Utah. (801) 298-3900. Rate: $85 plus taxes. 7,3 miles away.
- Cotton tree Inn / Best Western, 1030 N 400 E, North Salt Lake, Utah. (801) 292-7666. Rate: $95 plus taxes. 7.1 miles away.
- Country Inn & Suites, 999 N 500 W, West Bountiful, Utah. (801) 292-8100. Rate: $89 plus taxes. 4.2 miles away.
- Hampton Inn, 2393 S 800 W, Woods Cross, Utah. (801) 296-1211. Rate: $95 plus taxes. 6.9 miles away.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 332 W. Park Lane, Farmington, Utah. (801) 451-7999. Rate: $99-$116 plus taxes. 3.4 miles away.
- Motel 6 #1205, 2433 S 800 W, Woods Cross, Utah. (801) 298-0289. Rate: $47 Thursday, $51 Friday. 6.9 miles away.